From Second Contract
- Added a number of abilities:
- Detect Invisibility
- Minor/Major Teleportation
- Locate Object
- Enhance Weapon/Armor
- Energy Drain
- Credit Check
29 Dec 2012
- Streets are undergoing changes to make them reflect landmarks in the city. They should give you a better sense of where you are as you move around.
- Templated areas are under development. This means that store chains will have all of the shops share a look and feel.
7 Dec 2012
- Added dart boards and darts. Playing darts can teach a little of the projectile attack skill.
- Added treasure and treasure sets to hospital NPC generation. This allows us to have certain items randomly show up on NPCs as they are placed in an area.
19 Nov 2012
- Modified the weather system a bit. It needs more tweaking, but it should no longer have such wide swings to extremes.
- Changed newbie area to the Old Seadog Inn instead of the instanced hospital wing.
19 Mar 2012
- Starting area for new characters is now an instanced asylum section of a hospital. The clinic at the intersection of North and South Saquivor Roads is now an urgent care clinic inside the hospital. The guards have been instructed not to let naked people wander off the hospital grounds.
17 Mar 2012
- Mansion quest area is now instanced for individual players. You will not see any other players in the mansion.
- Weather is a little more sane.
31 Jan 2012
- Help files are being revamped using nroff. As this progresses, you will see more structured pages in the game and on the website.
29 Jan 2012
- Help files have been made available through the web site. Formatting is a work in progress. The help files are under the Playing section of the website .
- Doors can now open automatically. A few business will invest in this wonderful technology over the next few days for the convenience of their customers.
28 Jan 2012
- The city wall is under construction. Amazing technologies allow it to be built from the top down. This wall circles the city about a mile from the center. The Muses want it known that the area within the wall is considered relatively safe and civilized. The areas outside are Wild. Train service will commence to the nearby Wild areas once the wall is completed and the Wilds can be kept at bay.
27 Jan 2012
- You now incur XP debt when you die instead of losing XP (and perhaps losing levels). Of course, if you're a newbie, you won't lose XP or incur XP debt when you die. XP debt is paid off before you gain regular XP again.
- Some barkeepers or wandering vendors might have a special list of items for sale. Availability may depend on factors such as relative morality, reputation, or missions/quests.
- Three tech abilities are under development: cloudiness, coldness, and raininess. These increase the chances that there will be clouds, cold, or rain in the immediate vicinity.
- Wetness can short out electronic equipment, so tech abilities might fizzle in the rain. Umbrellas and other rain gear will protect against getting wet.
26 Jan 2012
- Work continues on making umbrellas shield you from rain. Ben's general store has a large green umbrella available for 200 credit. It has excellent protection from rain (once the wetness code recognizes that it can protect against rain) but not very good performance as a blunt weapon.
- You can use the "withdraw", "deposit", and "exchange" verbs with bank tellers now. You still need to request a balance to find out how much money you have on deposit.
25 Jan 2012
- Started work on research in trade skills. Tailoring has a first level of research available. Simple use "research tailoring with cotton cloth" to try and discover new recipes. You'll need cotton cloth, some thread, and a needle.
22 Jan 2012
- The news system is a bit more granular now. Instead of getting all of the news for a given audience (e.g., newbie, general, or creator) in a single file, each piece of news is a separate item that is shown only if that particular item is newer than the last time you viewed the news in that item's category. Also, all of the news is put into a single list of items and then paged instead of requiring a return between each section of the news. If the news scrolls by too quickly at login, which can happen if you are wearing a lot of stuff, you can always use the "news" command to read all of the available news.
21 Jan 2012
- A new mission is available and should be working: collect all nine sets of beads from various vendors in Aerdaeg. This is a different sort of mission. You can start with any of the nine vendors, and you don't have to accept it. It is automatically added to your list of missions as soon as you encounter one of them.
19 Jan 2012
- We now have morality. NPCs generated by hospitals will have moralities assigned. Some unique NPCs will as well. You can see some information about a NPC's morality by looking at them. You will see their primary and secondary morality in relation to your own.
- Added a gossip handler based on Discworld. Lars and Ben are hooked in. Future changes will include making gossips categorized by area, cardinality, or possibly topics (if we can get some topic modeling or similar involved).